There are many reasons why you should use calling cards. Here are a few:
- They are often much cheaper than long distance providers.
- They are cheaper than your local phone company.
- They are cheaper than collect calls and operator assisted calls
- You can budget your long distance calling costs.
- You can bypass hotel and educational institution systems with the resultant savings. (Dialing calling card toll free access numbers allows you to bypass the system.)
- There are no monthly bills, and no detailed statements. Rather, you simply pay for the calling time in advance and reduce the prepaid balance as you make calls.